Our approach provides the following benefits:
- Existing rehabilitation programmes are supplemented
- Participants have improved physical confidence
- Participants with physical and / or cognitive difficulties become more resilient
- Participants gain emotional and social support from working in small groups, providing networks that combat isolation and loneliness
- Participants report increased wellbeing through enjoyment, creativity and self-expression
Director Filipa Pereira-Stubbs trained at Trinity Laban and has over 20 years’ experience as a professional dancer. She has worked extensively with dance in healthcare and community settings, including Cambridge University Hospitals, and Cambridge care homes. Awarded a Churchill Fellowship in 2014, she recently conducted research into equivalent dance and healthcare programmes in hospitals in the U.S.
To read her Churchill Report click here